View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious View Post
ahhh...so you are getting some of our texas heat? about 104-5 here too.

be sure your ceiling fans are switched so they draw the air up from the floor. you don't want it pushing the warmer ceiling air down.

stay hydrated.
I've been in Texas heat. The Texas heat that I've been in that was 100 degrees (actual temperature) was a heck of a lot more comfortable than the nasty, makes your skin crawl with icky sweat Nebraska heat we have up here. You know, Texas heat is a "dry heat".. (I LOVED San Antonio weather the last time I was there, as long as there were trees nearby and a house with air conditioning even closer)

My dad got home from working out this afternoon, after I'd re-routed the a/c from his basement office so that more cold air would shoot upstairs, and with the ceiling fans on. My dad said it was really comfortable upstairs, better than it was when he left to work out. (and it's still freezing in his office)

My dad was surprised that I'd used the oven to cook a frozen pizza while he was gone. Usually that heats up the kitchen pretty bad. I may have him convinced to spend the few cents or quarters it takes to run the ceiling fans to help the a/c work better.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote