View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 11:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Mucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker View Post
Ok here is a question i hope you can answer for me Gibbrn when you applied for cpd did you tell comp right away or did you wait till you new you where getting it. I know that when you apply for cpd you have to sign a realise paper saying that they can contact wsib or any insurance you are on as will as doctors hospitals but i am just wondering if i should tell comp right off the bat that i am applying with me going to try and start this schooling which to be honest i really don't think i can do this at this point any ways. Its i just hate to say anything to comp because then they are going to think right away that i am trying to not ever work again but i just wont to make sure that i don't wait to long then wont be able to get it if you know what i mean. Just in case will i can't work or my case ends up going to wisiat so at lest i will have some kind of money to live on if any of that happens. Like now i am starting to lose my fine motor skills in my left hand it started in my right hand a long time ago but it is just now starting in the left. so i hope you can let me know how you handled it thanks chat later.
I would not say a thing to comp until the money from cpp is in your hot little hand. They have a right to know when you receive it but not when you are applying for it. You may be told no at first then you may get a yes the second time so why waste everyone's time telling them you are applying!!

It makes more sense for your own piece of mind as well not to say it until you get it. But when you do you have to send a written letter to them with proof of how much you are getting a month or they will go after your cheques they send you and take the money from there....otherwise they adjust your salary according to cpp, they don't always take the same amount off it depends on each situation.

I hope this helps you Mucker! It is not an easy task to get cpp....they say you have to be dead or dying to get it. But not true as I got it and I can give the best advice of adding a letter that you write yourself ....likely with help if it needs typed out......to let them know what is going on in your life that you CANT WORK AT ALL say nothing of the re-education and then you should be safe...... just make sure they know all your symptoms as well as the ones the doctor writes....be subjective tell them your pain scales!! say you live in a 8/10 pain most of the time or whatever it is you suffer....let them know you are suffering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT will help....however in saying tht I think their rule is to deny all first applications!!!! So don't be discouraged just have your letter ready!!!

take care
love and hugs,
Victoria

How poor are they who have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees.

Last edited by gibbrn; 07-28-2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: adding something
gibbrn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mucker (07-29-2008)