View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 07:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey LizaJane. I answered your question by quoting Doctor Reports a couple of days ago...and then it disappeared into space! A lot of typing...but, I will try again.
Cervical Spine: (MRI 8/27/93) Straightening of normal lordotic curvature of the C-Spine. Heights well maintained. Posterior central herniation of C5-6 causing impression on ventral subarachnoid space. No evidence of cord impingement or foraminal compromise

(MRI 5/27/03) At the C5/6 level there is a small right paracentral disc protrusion with spondylosis causing right neural foramina stenosis. Also at the C6/7 level there is a central and right paracentral disc protrusion with spondlyosis causing right neural foramina stenosis. High T1 and T2 structure located at C5 vertebral body present consistent with a hemangioma.

Thoracic Spine: (MRI 8/27/93) Normal alignment...Disc space narrowing at
T1/2 level. Anterior marginal osteophytic spurring is noted as well. No herniation.

(MRI 8/7/02) Midline disc protrusion at T8/9 with contact and deformity of the thecal sac and spinal cord. Remainder of cord appears intact.

(Myelogram 12/12/02) Focal dorsal disc protrusion present at T8/9. Appears to be a small osteophyte along its superior aspect, suggesting previous study (??? What does that mean? What previous?) Peears to be an incidental vascular channel leading up tp the base of the osteophyte at an incidental finding. The results and intersect foramen as well as anterior cord displacement and mild deformity. Adequate CSF dorsal to the cord with overall mild spinal stenosis.

(Xray 4/4/06) A left curve of the thoracic spine. Minute anterolateral osteophytic formation, mid thoracic. No other significant osseous, joint, or soft tissue alteration apparent.

Lumbar Spine: (MRI 10/2/04) Incidental note is made of a Schmorl's node involving the superior endplate of T11. of no clinical significance. No significant abnormality.

(Xray 4/4/06) A left list of the lumbar spine is seen. Degeneration of the apophyseal joint is present at the mid and lower lumbar spine characterized by joint space narrowing, subchondral sclerosis and osteophytes. L5 pars appear sclerotic. Incidentally noted is a benign synovial herniation pit in the right femoral neck. Atherosclerotic calcific plaquing is present within the abdominal aorta. Facet arthrosis at the mid and lower lumbar spine.

EMG 1/5/04: Sensory studies reveal absent sensory evoked potentials. H-reflexes as well as F-waves are prolonged. There are polyphasic changes in the lunbosacral-innervated muscles affecting the L4 and to a lesser degree the L5 root bilaterally. Chronic Lumbosacral Radiculopathy. Polyneuropathy.
The major part of my pain is directly on the T8/9, and then I have deep pain all the way down to the top of my feet. My left leg has a deeper and harder pain than my left...along with muscle spasms. I also hurt very badly sitting down...don't know why. But, I also have Fibro, Osteoperosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Osteoarthritis. Yes, I have problems with urination and also constipation. My only mobility problems are with chronic fatigue, stiffness, occasional dizziness and confusion. I do not remember any bending in any of the tests. It will be a while before I go back to a Neuro again. I am currently going to a new Rheumy who has run 16 blood tests, including for Addison's Disease. Will know more about my body in that direction next month unless they find Addison's or someother immediate problem.

I do not understand all of the medical terminology. I only understand that I hurt terribly. The Rheumy just changed my meds to 25mcg Fentanyl patches, and 60 mg Cymbalta. It is not helping much so far. She will probably increase doses on my appointment on 12/5/06...at least I hope so.
Anything you can tell me would be appreciated...........sally
sallyb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote