View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, now I'm completely confused.

I just went out to breakfast (still feeling perfectly fine). It's very hot outside today by the way.

I ate my usual coffee and scrambled egg on a roll (sometimes I have egg whites).

Walked to CVS and purchased one of those digital thermometers. It says it beeps when the temperature is ready.

I walked over to the pharmacist and I said: "The package says you can use this orally, rectally and axillary".

The pharmacist said "Rectally???" who does it rectally any more. You use this orally!!

I then said: 'But if I do it orally, will it be a true reading, or do I add a point". She asked the other pharmacist and he said "whatever the number is, that's what your temperature is".

So I went home, and after getting the darn thing to start beeping, (I had to unscrew the battery compartment (which separates the connecting thing to the battery), and I plugged the whole thing back in. everything did what it's supposed to do. I got the 188.8 reading. The the L with the flashing f next to it.

I popped it into my mouth and it said (and I did this 3 times). It said 98.3

Every time, it never went over 98.4.

I said "aha, let me do the rectal thing with my other rectal thermometer. It reached almost to 100. Did this 3 times too.

So the digital thing is telling me one thing. The mercury rectal thing is telling me something else.

AND I FEEL PERFECTLY FINE BY THE WAY.

Went to the bathroom and everything. Nice and normal.

How the heck can I have an almost 100 reading rectally, and a not quite normal reading with a digital thermometer??

Good grief.

I think my stomach needs to empty out more and flush everything out

It's times like this when I wish my mother was alive.

She would always say "Drink Bay Leaf Tea", that gets everything out.

I just might go out and buy some bay leaves.

I think I just might do this.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote