Old 07-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeinhou View Post
Ummmmm......

Wet bulb is 78 degrees here in Houston right now. Dry bulb started out at 78 degrees but it's climbing. Supposed to hit upper 90's again today.

That, in a word, is humid!

Hey - I spent some time in NE last week. I really liked the Chadron area. And Scottsbluff.

Tom

Right now, it's only about 82 degrees outside. The dew point is 70 degrees, and the humidity is 71%. It's pretty juicy outside right now. (I'm staying inside today!!!)

This morning, when I had really bad insomnia and was still awake at 6am. I was chatting with my dad before he went to work. Noticed our little weather station clock said that the humidity was 88%!!!

My dad went outside to get the newspapers, and came back inside. He said the air was very heavy feeling to him, and that he's glad he's going to be in an air conditioned hospital all day (he's a nurse anesthetist, works in surgery)

I'm staying inside as much as I can today. With dew points and humidity as high as they are, I dont want to have to grow gills to be able to breathe the air.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote