View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi momxseven.

I was on Cymbalta from the day it was approved. I was looking forward to it for my fibromyalgia, and the depression.

Originally 'they' said 60 mg was the therapeutic dose for pain relief. Then my doctor said they changed to 90, so I switched to 90.

I've had problems the last couple years with 'suicidal ideation' and I thought, well...maybe it's one of my meds. First I cut out Ambien because I was a sweathog on that stuff anyway. Didn't seem to make a difference. AFter reading quite a few stories from others on Cymbalta who were having suicidal thoughts, I decided to go off of it.

Wasn't easy going off but I did it. I'm convinced it got to the point of making my depression worse. Not certain, but I got better once I got off of that.

My doc put me on Prozac while going off the Cymbalta until we decided what AD I should proceed with. (Been on the AD merry-go-round.) I've stuck with the Prozac for now because it seems to be helping quite a bit.

Don't know if this helps. If she hasn't seen an overall improvement, I do agree, should go to another doc.

Good luck.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote