View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 06:20 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

Doody

Yeah, I guess that's all people can do. Still, it's only supporting the cause - not the individuals or families. IMO, supporting the cause is supporting the war. This is why it confuses me when people say they "support the troops" - is it the people or the cause?

For example....

IF my son comes home with explosive anger issues, can I count on these same people to support my son - or will they try to have him thrown in jail? IF my son accidentally caused a tragedy due to his anger issues, it would make me the mother of a criminal. Can I count on these same people to support me in my time of need - will they try to help me help my son?

Can I count on the military to support me and my son IF he becomes a criminal due to anger issues/trauma they instilled into him - or will they throw him in jail and take away my honor?

I highly suspect the answer to these questions is a resounding "No support for you!!" At the very least, I can only count on the support of my closest friends and family.

So yeah, the phrase still confuses me.

We begged our son to tell us what we could send him to make it a little easier for him. The ONLY thing he wanted was for his girlfriend to have a camera like his. She REALLY wants one like his, so he is sending us the money to buy it for her. It made me SO proud - the only thing he wanted for himself was for his girlfriend to be happy. Aw. Better yet, he refused to let us pay for the camera.

After my husband got off the phone, he said to me "Seriously, mom, how are you and dad - and how are you doing financially?" I told him not to worry - we're not eating cat food for dinner. He told me if he's not back by the time we get to that point, we should start with dog food - more nutrition.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote