View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 06:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy Grooming your dog at home...or Not!

Has anyone tried or accomplished (or not) grooming their own dog at home?
I have a miniature poodle named Oliver Fairen Joseph. His name is bigger than he
is. Our groomer is so busy, I don't think she could schedule him until his hair would take over the house. It is so wooly and his hair grows at a tremendous
rate. Today our two (blind) Golden retrievers, Luke and Phoenix are being groomed. Their appointment was made last year (just kidding) Anyway with seven dogs, something is always going on.
OK I will get to the subject in this story. Trying to groom your dog at home.
The day before yesterday I got out the clippers and headed for Oliver Fairen Joseph. It just took him a minute to figure it out, then he took off. I chased him around the house, finally getting him cornered in the Library room. He was lucky
because the door to the Library room is almost always kept closed. I saw him under the desk, trying to get a jump on me, he took off and headed for the door.
I should have closed it..darn it. Down the hall he ran, ears just flopping in the
breeze. I had to take a break at that point. I sat down with something cold to drink. As I sat there, I noticed a little head peeking around the corner. Well, well, well guess who is peeking at me. I must have looked less threatening to him sitting there with an exasperated look on my face. He came over to me and his eyes were saying " Truce". I picked him up, gave him a hug and brought out the dreaded clippers. Its not over till its over!
Truely a believer,
to be continued... Doodle bug7
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote