View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 07:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have a similar problem and I am not sure if it is caused by injury or condition, and I am female so to cut it short I have arachnoiditsis which could be the cause or it could be the result of the 7 falls I had within the month following my spinal fusion in 06-08 and to date I have NO feeling from thighs to waist and am prone to sores or injury in those areas since I have no sensation there at all! All of the falls were reported to my NS and pain Dr's the day of the Hard falls and not even an Xray was ordered! I doubt mine will ever get better as it only gets worse for me and no feeling has returned! I advise you to check area freq. since I ended up with a 2 in by 2 in deep bedsore looking area on my lower belly I was able to cure on my own with wet to dry dressings for 2 weeks! I used to be a nurse so I knew what to do but be careful, it is easy to obtain a injury when there is a lack of feeling involved and the areas I am unable to see I have to get a trusted family member to look for me! That is why diabetics are preached to about wearing shoes at all times since the numbness of PN is so unfeeling!
I wish you well and feel grateful you have signs of healing because some of us never will!
Back injury 1999, PN,DDD, Spinal Stenosis, Arthritis, Chronic pain, Lumbar Fusion 6-06, Pain Worse then Ever Since!10-10-06 Arachnoiditis! CES! now numbness from waist to thighs, bowel, bladder paralysis, self caths, chronic constipation. Left sided weakness! No appetite depression! Bed 22 hrs day!
Under care of PM 3 years. Diabetic, lost over 100 lbs was 300+, now 174 lbs. Normal labs, diet controlled!
Junie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote