View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 09:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Insurance Wont Cover My Block

Hello Everyone... Ugh, I swear Im feeling like Im taking two steps forward and three steps back!!!

Well as most of you have read on here, I seen my doc on Monday, and Im suppose to be having a lumbar sympathetic nerve block done this comming Monday, the 6th...

Well I get a call from the lady at his office today that schedules these procedures... She informs me that my insurance will not cover the block, because it is a outpatient procedure.... This doc doesnt except my insurance that I have, so I have been paying cash to see him... He only excepts Medicare and Medicaide... But, we didnt think it would be any issue for the insurance to cover since it was being done at the hospital that I work at... Its all part of my insurance deal... The doc is considered "out of network" ect... It would only be covered if it was an emergency outpatient procedure... Guess I dont understand the whole ordeal...

Does anyone have any suggestions?? I asked the lady what it would cost out of pocket... OMG not an option, doc fee alone would be around 2000, and that doesnt include anthesia, OR fees, ect... So said and done she thought about 7-8000... Not in my budget plan!!!

I just dont understand how insurance companies can turn a patient down when something is considered medically necessary!!! The doc office is suppose to call me back tomorrow, to see if I can explore anymore options, but she said she didnt think there was much to offer!

Does anyone know what could or would happen if I cant have this block done? Im still very early diagnosed with RSD, only about 3 months ago... Things for the most part are going alright, as in therapy, pain managment (varies from day to day) meds ect... I just think if a doc orders something like this to be done, there is a reason behind it! Anyone out there with any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!! Im not a happy camper right now!!

Thanks All,
--Heidi
hideej76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote