View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acer123 View Post
Damn bro whats that mean degloved? It was ripped offf??

But true that does cast some hope into my issue, since that seems a lot more extreme than my case. Thank you for sharing.
Degloved is when you cut something off, almost, and it slips up on the bone a bit....it actually sounds a lot more gruesome than it is....i was kiteskiing and got my finger caught in the strings....long stupid story, but the kitestring 150 pound test line, cut thru the finger like butter....luckily i was able to let go, and it severed about three quarters of a circle around the top of the finger....it was a real clean cut, so they, just pulled it back down a little and put in a few stitches and voila, you can not even tell! BTW, I am a female, and I was 50 when I did this, some folks have heard this story, so I wont bore them....

Later I was diagnosed with PN, which I have lately learned is autoimmune, for sure....no de-diagnosing it now.

The injured finger goes numb and comes back the same way the uninjured fingers do...one would never know it was injured pretty badly, you can't see a thing. My finger with oncholysis looks a lot worse...that is due to disease (not PN) don't worry.

I am sure the family jewel kit will be fine, I can understand your concern tho. Self improvement is highly overrated.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote