View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Kathy, have you considered posting or sending this to various biker organizations to get the word out? My cousin goes to Sturgis every year, has been for years. Perhaps you can best help by reaching those that actually attend the rally?

I understand your concern as I am Cherokee Indian, white and raised by some biker relatives. Best of both worlds huh? Too bad I can't claim my Indian heritage but it isn't listed in the trail books. My brother spent some time on a reservation with a Cherokee family a few years ago. We learned we are from the Man Killer tribe. Long story to that.

Since I have never actually lived their life or experienced their trials and tribulations I cannot speak for the American Indian. To me, speaking as if I am one of them would be disrespectful. So with that, if it were me, I would contact those who I thought could help the most effectively.

Good luck to you getting the word out. I think you would be best to repost this on one of the Sturgis Rally websites message boards to get things buzzing. It's worth a try. Who knows? Maybe your input will open some eyes to what is happening. Bikers can be very influential, especially when it is them that brings the economy up during the rally each year.
Aarcyn (07-29-2008), AfterMyNap (07-29-2008), Darlene (07-30-2008), Jomar (07-29-2008), KathyM (07-30-2008), weegot5kiz (07-30-2008), who moi (07-29-2008)