View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Well, sounds as if you are getting

a very thorough workup!
First off, blood draws? In anticipation.....HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE! It doesn't 'dilute' your blood or anything, just makes them easier to 'stick'. Easier = less pain. And those 10 vials are about the right number.

As for running their own EMG and likely other nerve conduction studies? Well, docs everywhere tend not to trust the work of others. They tend only to believe their own equipment and trust that and that only. Don't fuss too much about that.

As for the paraneoplastic bit? I sure wish that my docs in diagnosing me had done that one extra little bit of testing....Why? Because 2 years after I got my immune neuropathy diagnosis I was diagnosed w/breast cancer... They'd not tested, because there were no symptoms. Apparently cancers can start to 'hatch' so to speak up to 5 years before found. Luckily for me, good & regular medical 'maintenance' of my other health areas caught my own cancer very very early. 2 years out from that and everythings under control in the cancer quadrant. Actually my own search for a neuropathy diagnosis made the whole cancer thing a lot easier to handle [honestly the neuropathies are far more esoteric!]. I knew more basic terminology and could find what to learn about my cancer diagnosis when I needed to know more. Don't try and read it all now! Not at all! It mite not be that at all and you shouldn't crowd your mind with 'stuff' you don't need to know until you need to know it.
Honestly it could be something sneaky but simple to address, believe it or not! It can and does happen and I sure hope that's how it works for you.

Hugs and keep at it! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote