View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 09:47 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

That's a tough question, Agnuscrucis. Dealing with the surges in pain. It seems to me that everyone develops their own personal strategies depending on their condition and their environment. I have personally heard that old line many times, about looking so good and normal even though I'm a miserable wreck inside. Even from people who should know better. But really all I can do is try to smile & not be offended by their ignorance. I can't say that I blame them for not understanding. We're all ignorant at some time about something.

As for temporarily relieving the pain, that's something I've been experimenting with for nearly five years now. Some things work sometimes, but I've yet to find anything that's dependable. I'm in pain 24 hours a day, and I can hide it pretty well. I do know that it's easier to prevent the peaks than it is to control them once they've set in. So at the very first sign I go to work to lessen the coming impact.

I hope you start feeling better soon. These things definitely come and go in cycles, so maybe you'll have a "good" cycle beginning soon.

Take care,
Idealist
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote