View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 04:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Help with pain management

Hi, my name is Patricia, I'm usually on the Glutten sensitive site I'm writting for my husband. He has trigeminal neurelgy(sp) face pain. It has come about because of nerve damage in his neck. Which resulted from an injury. Anyways he has been on practically everything. He now takes TR moraphine, but when things really get out of hand, he takes clonasapan. I hate the stuff, he looks drunk. He thinks hes normal, but just looking at him it rather obviouse hes on something. I really feel for the guy, I have long term pain as well, nothing like him, thank god, but what do ya do? Is there something else he can try that nobody has thought of? They tried him on the nerontines, that was a nightmare. He lost his memerory, was a complete wreck. All I can say is thank god he has me to help him out, or I'm sure he would of had a car accident, or burned the house down, who knows what!!!! What do some of you take, if you don't mind asking. And is there any end in site with this trigenimal stuff. His face looks sometimes like he has a golf ball in there. They thought that maybe he was making stones in the salvia glands, but when he has a special x-ray for that there was nothing there. Hes had nasal surgery, not needed, root canels done, not needed, teeth pulled, and that was the weirdest, they could not freeze his mouth. So they tried to pull it anyways and in the instant that the dentist is doing this his face swelled and a infections forms immedietly. The dentist went and got the dr. (his dr was in the same office) fortunely for that, no one would of believed him if it wasn't seen by two drs. Most drs don't know much about this, think its rather rare. Is this just trigemenal neurolgy or is this maybe somethig else. I just wish that something could be done for him, its really hard to watch someone in pain and not be able to at least ease it. I also think that drugging a person so they can't function is also not the answer. Any suggestion would really help, thanks, Patricia
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote