Thread: Moving woes
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 01:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Moving woes

It's freaking hot!! My house is completely open because the movers are here wrapping stuff and loading the truck. Add to that, my upstairs AC is broken, and now my fan is packed. I hope everything arrives in somewhat of the same condition it left in. They dropped some furniture down the stairs and one of my new end tables now has white paint rubbed on it. I had to argue with three very large men that I was planning on checking off each item that went on the truck and was not going to take their word for it. Glad I did because a lot of stuff was missing from the inventory. Here's 5'5" greta arguing with some guy who introduced himself as "Brick House". He does resemble one.... Guess who won. I've gone through a case of water, lemonade, and coke in the last two days and now their starting in on the diet coke. It's really hot. Poor guys. I'm sweating to death and feeling sick to my stomach. Guess egg salad was not a wise idea...

The storage movers cancelled for tomorrow and will be out to pack and load on Fri. Hope it goes smoothly as well. I should have AC again tomorrow when he comes back to fix the fan. At least it wasn't the compressor. I was pleading with my HVAC guy to just make it last a couple more weeks...until we close.

Think cool thoughts and hope that they finish soon so I can close the doors. I'm really looking forward to an empty house so I can relax. I still have my TV, some good books, an air mattress, and my bathtub. That's all I need!
greta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote