Thread: Moving woes
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 03:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ughhh.. moving... my most hated thing in this world. We moved 9 times in 28 years on Air Force orders.

I think all those drivers they send out are "brick houses" LOL.. We moved from Northern VA to the CA desert in Aug 2001... talk about hot and cranky loaders. They showed up at our house with 10 young guys with the intent of "blowing out this house" in 3 hours. They were rough with stuff and wouldn't listen to my complaints. I ended up calling our move coordinator and he showed up and made them all leave except 3.

Then the driver decided to leave the truck parked in our driveway OVERNIGHT! ...half out into the street. Neighbors were not happy, theatened to call the police...so we contacted the move coordinator again and he straighted it all out. A new driver came and got the truck at 2am! THankfully the trailer was going to CA by rail and not with a driver.

One suggestion before your storage pick-up arrives... have a camera in your hands and document everything you aren't comfortable with.. in addition to keeping an inventory of what they load. DON"T hesitate to call the move coordinator...or whatever they call themselves now... their job is to insure your move goes smoothly.

I hope they get your A/C up and going and that Friday goes easier... Thank goodness you have a good friend to help pick UP your spirits!!

Last edited by TwoKidsTwoCats; 07-30-2008 at 05:55 PM.
TwoKidsTwoCats is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote