Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 10:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey

Thanks for the welcome!!!

its 4am here and i havent had any sleep yet my pain is soo stupid - am getting slightly fed up of continuous pain and feel like im moaning about it far too much, therefore have emailed you all back.

Lisa --> nice to meet you! I have been on fentanyl patches (cant do RSD skin.... doesn't work with it../ MST (couldnt increase the dose any further)/ methadone (ditto)/ oramorph (ditto) / clonidine patches etc... drs won't put a morphine pump in because of the non healing RSD/ surgery etc. Sympathectomies - anything you want to ask me - go for it! Basically I was diagnosed within 2 weeks becuase I have "very severe" RSD - and they thought they would have to amputate my arm before it spread.. and then considered amputation of my legs as it spread.. (glad I didn't go with that option!). I had several blocks which increased the temperature of my extremeities and got rid of the black dead look that my limbs all developed although effects wore off after a couple of days. because of that they decided to perform sympathectomies to try and stop me needing amputation (s). It didnt help. unfortunatly. well. for a couple of days. I saw my consultant the other day and told me that there is nothing I haven't tried that they think will help me, and that I have to just get used to it. However, at last it has been acknowledged how hard this is to live with and that I have to do the best I can with what I have left. However, uni is great, very hard physically, but very rewaeding - im living in student halls with my carer and just trying to join in as much as poss!! just wish the pain could be controlled for longer. the worst bit is trying to explain "yeh, i know im in an electric wheelchair and my muscular effort is zero... BUT.. the pain is so bad I can't stay out for long .. meugh! how long have you had RSD? have you found anything effective?

Hey curious! (great name!) thanks for the welcome. Hi Mark, hope the flare calms down soon- I hate them!!!!! Hey artists - where do u have RSD? thats so cool that you live in Hong Kong - where did u live in UK. I am at university in Bath but live in Essex.

Hope your pains not too bad!!
Love Rose xxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote