Thread: Books: The cat who series
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 07:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Love these books!!! Even though I'm more of a "dog person", these are great. Don't they fall in the "cozy" mystery genre? Have you read any of the Sneaky Pie Brown mysteries, by Rita Mae Brown. She's the postmaster in Crozet, VA, married to the local vet. Her pets, two cats -- Mrs. Murphy and Pewter, and dog -- Tucker, a Corgi, solve the mysteries.

Have you read any of the Aunt Dimity books? She helps solve mysteries by writing in a special journal -- oh yeah -- she's dead.

Elizabeth Peters' mysteries are fun too. During the 19th century, a family of Egyptian archeaologists (sp?) are the protagonists.

Of course we can't forget Agatha Christie with "Hercule Poirot", "Miss Marple", etc. I have most of the DVD's too after reading the books.

You can probably tell I love books. Used to be an avid reader but now with my poor concentration, blurry eyes sometimes, it takes quite awhile to get through a book. Just love the smell of a library -- I know, I'm "strange"!!! Now that I can't get there anymore, I buy the books from the Mystery Guild and then after reading, donate them to the local library.

"So many books, so little time!"

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (07-30-2008)