View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 09:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've already been thinking I'm gonna be embarrassed! The night before my consult, I looked up the urologist and saw that he was relatively young, as far as doctors go. I'm so accustomed to seeing dr's who are 20 yrs older than me, and when I saw that the urologist was not too much older than me, I just *knew* he was going to be hot. I know, I know, so not what I should be focused on, but I was.

The thing with the topical med is that I'm not sure I can use it b/c of sensitivity issues. Maybe the day I go will be one of my "numb days".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNancy View Post
i had it done. it was a bit embarrassing but heck with my breast issues i've gotten over that. remember that the staff are professional and they've done this a million times before.

asking about the topical med is a good idea. without it there's just a bit of initial pain and it goes away quickly. they also put in a rectal tube when i had it done. just to do measurements which i didn't understand.

nothing hurt. the staff were wonderful. very helpful and supportive and my dr was great. it turned out i had a neurogenic bladder related to my MS and was tx'd with detrol with great success.

so, getting the needed info will help you tremendously in the long run.
keep us posted. i wouldn't say you had anything to be nervous about.

12/05: MS Dx ~~ 1/06-5/06: Avonex ~~ 8/06-9/06: Copaxone ~~ 12/06: Betaseron ~~ 1/07: No DMDs For Now
jowen214 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote