View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Well my sister had her app't with the surgeon today. She is scheduled for a modified radical mastectomy on August 12th. They can even start the reconstructive part at that time if they can get a plastic surgeon who'e schedule fits. And her insurance will pay for the unaffected breast to also have surgery to match the affected one. I jokingly told her that she will be messing up my Olympics watching! But I guess that's what nerves do to you.

Now for my mammogram. I had it today. Actually it was scheduled for yesterday but I put it down for today. When I told them that my sister was having her surgeons app't today and this was my way of feeling close to her during that appointment, they immediately worked me in. But......after I was done and they sent me merrily on my way after I took off my little BBs, they called me back and told me the radiologist saw a mass on both breasts and wants them repeated. So I go back Friday. I know any other time I wouldn't be worried about it. I know that other tissue can get in the way of the breast, cysts show up or anything else. But right now was not a good time for that. So that's my story.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote