View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 04:09 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

dahlek

I've known Clouds for many years, and he has just as much right to be here as we do. He's a good man with a big heart. I don't see his post as inappropriate - this forum is called "Social Chat," and it's meant for discussion outside of our illnesses.

Unfortunately, the world around us can exacerbate the symptoms of our neurological illnesses. I have familial amyloidosis, and I'm now permanently disabled. The state of affairs in this country and around the world are deeply troubling to me. I was told 22 years ago that it would be like this, but I never believed it - now I'm watching it all unfold in front of my TV screen.

I can't turn a blind eye (that would be my left, lol) to what's happening in the world because my only child is now involved - serving in the military.

For me, personally, it helps to talk about these issues with friends who understand me and how my illness effects me. When I try to bottle it up, it causes my symptoms to flare. When I'm allowed to talk about what's troubling me, it creates more balance - gives me the strength to cope with my illness.

If what's troubling Clouds is too troubling for you, there are plenty of other threads in which to read/respond - or you can create your own.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote