View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 02:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetah View Post
Thanks Raglet and Barbara!

Because I've made it a priority to do regular stretching and more walking over the last week or so I'm realising how even simple things really seem to help. The stretches I do twice a day and I try to stretch every part of my body, with particular attention to legs since I'm concerned about mobility.

Raglet, your dvd idea is a good one and I'll look for a suitable one. I'm also planning to organise a local Pilates class with some neighbours once a week - was recommended this by a friend with Sjorgens/Reynauds.

Barbara, I'll keep your suggestion of Tramadol in mind, that's really helpful to know it mutes the tingling etc! Re the smoking I had a question in the back of my mind about whether it affected the tingling and I stopped a couple of days ago - will see whether it helps (certainly can't harm).

jan

I was a very heavy smoker, 4 packs on a bad day and I had a lot of bad days the past few years. I started smoking when I was about 12. I finally got a script for Chantix and it worked! I've been smoke free for 2 1/2 months now. Yes, Chantix has some sides that aren't good and there are risks but for people like me....we couldn't quit any other way, it was worth the risk. I'd rather deal with some of the sides listed than deal with the many ways there are to die from cigarette smoking. At least now I feel I have a chance of not dying from something smoking related. Before I felt doomed.