View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 04:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Fiona,

Like you I have other things going on. I am seeing a physio-therapist for numbness on my left side of my face. I don't have any noticeable paralysis or facial dis-figuration but it is odd and has been going on for a year. It may be as simple as how I hold my head. My lumbar problem has a lot to do with my posture which affects everything else. I notice sometimes I am so out of tune with my body I even forget to breath properly. Sometimes I catch myself holding my breath.

Boredom from years of this affects me psychologically. That is where the Serotonin comes in. Right now I am taking 200 mg of Zoloft a day, I will lower it to 100 mgs and go off it completely. I have done this a few times. Do you take an anti-depressant?

I do feel down even though I have made great strides in lowering my dopamine. I am finding it difficult to relax. I have the adrenaline problem back again as well. Maybe this is natural.

In some cases I wonder if it may have a lot more to do with emotional personalities than dopamine. Which compliments your theory. My observations are based on very limited information of course. I noticed a higher number of teachers received a pd diagnosis than in other careers. Why, viral or control? And is this fact or fiction?

My family history is all about physical pain and how badly it was handled. My Mom and sister spent half their lives in bed popping prescription drugs for pain. My Dad is riddled with arthritis and does no drugs of any kind but his life has been miserable because of pain. And their pain and now mine may have control issues. I felt controlled by them and I know my children feel the same about me. This is what I want to change in my life.

I thought I had escaped being the tomboy, athletic, and going for it. I feel dragged in. I am not feeling sorry for myself just po'ed at.........I can't remember anymore! Oh yeah the pain. But upwards and onwards

Bonnie