View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

If your friends are 18 and have fiances I think they are nuts. That's a little young to get married but then...I know quite a few people who got married young and survived many years of marriage. (Mr. & Mrs. Alffe good case in point.)

When I was 18 I was pretty wild and avoided work like the plague. You can't get so far, though, when you have parents that struggle financially as well. I really bounced around and goofed off until I was 19, met an idiot, and married him. Then lived almost 5 years of ruthless beatings (physical, verbal, and emotional). Well, that got me off to a great start! NOT!

Don't be in too much of a hurry to grow up. The years pass by in a flash.

And this might be something good to talk with your therapist about it. When you figure out who it is you want to share with.

Before my sister died she told me that she wouldn't have missed living life for anything.

Your upcoming school year should help, shouldn't it? You seemed to be excited about starting. Hey, if it's a junior college that isn't anything to knock! Or even a technical type college. There are quite a few jobs out there that don't require a 4-year degree. I have one in education and now I'm a glorified Administrative Assistant at the age of 59.

I would suggest, though, making wise decisions when you choose your path at school. Unless you can afford it, just taking classes for the sake of taking them wastes time, effort and money.

And you can stay with your parents while working at whatever job and save up your money.

Do you have a passion or desire for your future that you would really like to pursue?

Hugs and don't be in a hurry just yet.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KathyM (07-31-2008), megveg (07-31-2008), who moi (08-01-2008)