View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Best thing

Hi WInk, It is a lot to digest, but I wonder if there would be a legal aid person or the bar association could reccomend a second attorney to consult to your particulars.
Even if they charge for the hour, it will be well worth the explanation and peace of mind.

Also, you can all the soc sec office and remain anonymous for an answer to the questions you ask.

I feel personally, the easier it is to attorney's, the better for them, less work...not always in their clients best interest.
ASK HIM, right out, if I am awarded SSDI tomorrow, write on paper my loses and why?
Then ask Why a structured settlement, as many have, is not applicable to your situation?

Not sure if I said, but the w/c are talking settlement to my son and were happy to hear there is no soc sec as it expidites things.
When I asked my attorney about it, he stated, that they would not be concerned for the verbage being present just write the agreement without structure for swift resolution.

Right now my son is overwhelmed at the application process, he has not returned to work except a month in 1999. It is absolutly his best interest to apply. His fear is that w/c will "Get mad" and start up on him. (ie) P.I.'s following, refuse med's, send to IME's every 6 months instead of two years. etc.

Either he can go to the attorney and give the ehadache to them, but as I told him I did my own after thre years off work, good records, test, and adddress for releases for them. Well worded explanation to how daily life is now with the disability, and how I could no loger do my job. I was approved the first time in just weeks. The only thing slowing me up was writting out the green form...It killed my hands.

But I painted a good picture, how daily life, I can no longer change bed's mylef, laundry i sort but someone has to take it to the washer, and out into the dryer, I can't fold, I hang a few things and my arms are asleep and heavy. Often clothes sit in the basket getting wrinkled before they are used never getting put away. I use lots of paper plates, frozen entree's, 1 quart milk instead of a gallon, cans of soda instead of a two liter.

Brushing my teeth, I have to lean my arm, Where it says can you dress yourself, I explain, to a degree, I have loose fit pull on clothing, often days I don't need to I delay or don't dress, I do not use buttons I can button one or two but it kills my hands.

My hair is difficult to wash I can't hold my arms up. Hurts to sit in movies, last one was in 1991, cape fear! I go to small shop to pick up one or two items, my husband and others have to do the shopping.

This is painting a picture of the new life and restrictions the injury has caused me for them. My son is not ready to face all this, so he will either need an attorney or allow me to help fill it out.

Hope that things work out to your beest,
Dianne

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote