View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 11:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart SSI Denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacie View Post
I Also Live In Michigan And I Was Denied Withing A Month For Disablity And I Have Rsd In My Whole Lower Body!! Its Complete Bs Pardon The Language. I Am Setting Up An Appeal 2 Appear In Front Of A Judge So I Can Show Them My Damn Pain!! It Is Next 2 Impossible I Have A Friend That Tried 4 Times And Still Nothing. On Top Of Everything They Said It Wood Take 4 Months To Decide And I Was Okay With Taht Cuz Then They Wiood Hopefully Do A Thorough Job But No In A Month I Was Denied!! I Wish U The Very Best Of Luck Possible
Stacie,
This state is a darned, I want to say.. well you know! joke! Some people are getting it for NO good reason! I have heard from others it takes two times before you get it. Ridiculous! I applied online and when my hubby and I went in Wednesday, this week, I had receipts from Dr. visits that said RSD as a diagnosis in BIG letters on them. Orthopedic Dr. and two Neurologists. I had copies of all of my tests and papers showing I had been to physical therapy. I had receipts from my counselling (head therapy) for my depression too. I had 23 copies of record release forms for them to get records from all the doctors I have seen. Most of the doctors didn`t know shi_ about RSD! I knew more than they did just from what I got from the great websites on the internet! I gave them the receipts from 8 of the 14 stellate ganglian blocks I had and a paper explaining what they are. I also gave them a copy of the current prescriptions I am taking. I am now at a pain management center at a hospital where I am currently getting my prescriptions and also getting my nerve blocks. There are two very nice doctors treating me there but I don`t think they have really seen many, (if any) RSD patients. The one doctor has done a pretty good job at the blocks but when he suggested the stimulator he was honest and said he never implanted one for the arm. I didn`t plan to do it anyway. They will have to send for those records. Sorry to go on for so long! I will keep you posted and please do the same for me here at this thread? Last resort would be the lawers that advertise on TV that specialize in getting dissability if you have been denied. Don`t give up yet! Let me know how much information you presented when you applied, did you do it online and how long ago? How long did you wait until you knew they denied you? Did you see one of THEIR doctors? How long have you been out of work? I heard if it has been over at least a year that makes your chances better. I am sorry but they really are idiots when they don`t even know ANYTHING about this disease!! Again I have to say. Come on, with the meds we take, what the hell are we supposed to do for work? I know, this newest pill I am taking has made me soooo bitchy maybe I could scoop ice cream with my left hand and THROW it at people when they walk by! Ohhhhhhh that was really bad wasn`t it? I am so sorry but Stacie honey, I do feel your frustration! Hang in, DON`T GIVE UP and keep me posted!
Franny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote