View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 05:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mindy,

I haven't had an ablation at the C2/C3 level but have had facet injections which work fairly well. Now, years ago I was told I could have an ablation but my PM warned me that there could be ongoing or permanent pain. So, I never opted for any of it in my neck...had to have two fusions instead anyway because of bone spurs and herniations. However, I do know of people who have had the ablations done in their neck and did well. I can say that it can take awhile for the nerves to die back so to speak. But six weeks sounds a bit long. And who did the ablation? Since your girlfriend has conflicting reports about the pain generator it may be that she needs diagnostic injections OR to see a Neurosurgeon. I hope she can get some answers. The C2/C3 can be very, very painful. Oops, forgot to add...even with the two fusions I still have plenty of bone spurs. What I normally do, when it acts up to the point no meds will touch it, is to get injections from time to time. And I can full well understand how she can't sit at a PC. I was in IT when it hit me and could barely function; had to retire about 3 years later and after two surgeries. Poor thing...I wish her well in finding the right answers.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote