View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 07:12 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

ok - let's imagine that all orgs stopped taking money from the drug development industry. Needless to say, much "work" would come to a halt.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see what "goes" and what "stays" in the orgs' priorities if that were to happen? Who would go and who would stay? Again, the world is changing. In the past, the sources of funding, and conflicts of interest were largely swept under the rug, and may have even been on the up and up.

That is clearly no longer the case. Losing our faith in the pharma industry is going to take along with it some of our faith in the orgs. Conflicts of interest, by itself, is not a dirty term. But I imagine that the conflicts of interest existing among pharma industry and orgs would at the very least raise a few eyebrows.

On the other hand - If Todd is going to ask about the pD community, that just doesn't mean orgs. The bottom line is there will be no progress without money. IF we don't take it from pharmas, we need other sources. I'm looking at the wealthy. And there it is - the same greed and lack of sharing.

But you can't hold patients to the same standard. We are NOT here by choice or to make money. You cannnot expect from a patient what you should expect from an org.

Carey I agree, the internet is the way to do this - patient run.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote