View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 10:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sorry to hear you had to go back

Wow Pleurisy hurts dont I know it...get it nearly everytime I get a cold now and cough too long as my lung was punctured during an EMG...good thing they picked up on it right away...Painful painful....

I do have a suggestion for an exercise that is so simple and will cut down on adhesions and I was told to do after my surgery and I was discharged...

You stand bended over like your going to tie your shoes but just let the arm affected hang and move like a bell. At first I could just tolerate it just hanging and then eventually after a week I was moving that baby in circles...It helps keep the adhesion from where they go in the armpit from adhering to the inner dermis...and it dosnt hurt you too bad to do it....

Me I needed help dressing, washing my hair for at least a 2 weeks...zip up sweats (as it was cold when I had my surgery) were so great!!! I could not do my own hair like blowing it out for over a month so I wore a lot of hats...lol...and during xmas when I had to walk around alot I did wear a sling to help keep my pain levels down...The jolt of walking plus I tended to do more with my bad side than I was being instructed to do if I didnt wear a sling but that was only when I drove or out and about. I remember once nearly dropping something and catching it with my post surgical side. It set me back weeks....So then I wore my sling when doing things around the house so I wouldnt "accidently" catch something else...lol.....

It will take some time to feel normal again a mantra you will hear for a long time but oh its worth it not to feel numbness and pain....at least it was for me....keep us posted on your recovery and dont overdo...Its not worth it...Let others help...Amy
ginnybean32 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote