View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 11:44 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default welcome jackie

HI Jackie,

Nice to see you here! We need all the input that anyone wants to give.

I don't think we are talking about a full-on organization...are we ....anyone? lol But we do need to be organized. This has been hovering as an issue for a long time. Yesterday, the universe hit Todd on the head with an acorn that said "post this". Don't ask me to explain how acorns talk.

As you can see the advocates/activitists/ agitators/idealists/ all jumped on it, because lack of unity and communication has brought progress with much of what we want to do to a very slow pace, if not a halt.

We are not trying to cast blame; indeed I think we are being very careful to voice our thoughts about those who are supposed to be saving our lives and are trying to clearly define the problem. Your comments are very useful here and come from experience. We also need your input about welders lawsuits but that's another thread.

I hope you keep them coming. I couldn't agree with you more about proposing instead of opposing - or whatever words of wisdom you chose to that effect.

Also, meeting in Atlanta is fine for those going, but I think there should be multiple discussions and meetings. Again, I would also like to suggest a less expensive and more casual get together in Peoria - in a parking lot with bands - on September 20-21. Cheap hotel rates, only a registration fee of 25 dollars if you want to do the short and pleasant walk along the river. Time for conversation all day long, best bands around on stage. There is an adult stem cell lab tour included with a research team. We are trying to take this annual function to another level with this research team. Open dialogue about collaborations is on the agenda, with patients being there from day 1.

Shake, Rattle, and Roll

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
indigogo (08-01-2008)