View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 10:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideej76 View Post
Can anyone tell me if I would not be able to have this block done, what could happen? Is a block that medically nesassary?? Is it just for pain control or does it help with other stuff?
Heidi, early on, blocks are extremely important for RSD. In "some" cases, it can stop the rsd. It's MOST beneficial in the early stages, when it's first caught, while the pain is still sympathetically dependent. Ihaven't had any blocks. My doctors have all said "it's too late" because mine is sympathetically INdependent now. However,mthe people here on the forum say I shoudl have it anyway. I'm goig to speak to my pain doc about it.

My personal suggestion to you is this: Use your insurance as it is INTENDED to be used...meaning, if it's a PPO and you need a pcp, then get a pcp and start there...go "in network" and have someone manage your care. See if you can get someone at the insurance company to be your "case manager" to help guide you and work for you and rally for you. Usually there is someone who can help you in that regard within the insurance company itself.

FYI...I haven't watched them yet, but here is a video of a block being done:

http://www.rsdfoundation.org/en/en_c...l#NEWNerveBLKS

Hugs
LisaM
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote