View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 01:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello, I am sorry about your son, I have an arachnoid cyst in the poster fossa (back of the brain) I know what it is like to live with this condition and it is not fun, so my heart goes out to you and your son.
There is this great place that is called the skullbaseinstitute.org If I spelled it correctly. the acctual place is in LA, CA. their is a wonderful doctor that opporates on this and other conditions. there is a program called Davids foundation and he is a 12 year old boy that is the ambassodor for the program there. He was featured on the ellen show. if you have the time go to the web site and check it out. it has information about arachnoid cyst's and how they are opporated on. they also have information about conseltaions. They will fly you out and rent a hotel room and if you don't have the money for the surgery they will pay for it. Good luck to you and your son.
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyG View Post
Hello!

My son is 5 and he was diagnosed with a large arachnoid cyst on the left temporal lobe last week. We are currently waiting to hear if the neurosurgeon wants to operate on it, or wait and see. I had never even heard of this condition until last week, so am looking for information from other people who have experience of this. The doctor said it is the size of a small apple. He doesn't seem to be experiencing symptoms thankfully, other than the head bulging which is what led us to see the doctor in the first place.

Look forward to hearing from other people

thanks

Cathy
Maile is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote