View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 02:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Executive function R us

B-b-b-b-b-but it IS POSSIBLE to retrain the brain to handle some executive function that has been lost. It was explained to me by a neuropsychologist who specializes in PD that this is because, while the motor pathways are in a more primitive part of the brain and thus are limited in number, the possible pathways increase geometrically in the higher parts of the brain like the cerebral cortex. Tenacity pays off, and one can learn to force a different part of the cortex to take over waning function. Don't give up! ....er, but try to get someone else to handle your finances.

Do I get the sense that this grassroots cloud will be doing mostly classification, analysis and evaluation of existing systems, and that it will generate general policies ("nothing about us without us") for independent activists and advocates to support and put forward? Sounds like a loose-knit website staff to me.

Do we change things or do we influence them, for example: Do we train patients on how to get the most out of their doctors, or do we point them to the care notebook published on one of the orgs' website because we have a policy of smartening up the patient population? Perhaps in another part of the cloud, someone is working on discerning how much it cost that org to develop the notebook system, for whatever reason.

Jackie (and it IS a pleasure to see you here), maybe you're right about solely Parkies not being a good idea, and I'm the worst offender, but I know people who get to everything two hours late but have shaken the world on its foundation. There are many, many ways to get things done. We must celebrate diversity and encourage one another, not to do everything in lock step, but to celebrate anything that makes each day a productive one.

Jaye

How many of us would be willing to work anonymously (to the user), to avoid the temptations and taints I described in my earlier post?
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote