Thread: Selfish spouse?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 08:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm so sorry you are having to go thru this. I've had it for over 5 years, and I know how she feels. I will say that since I had the scs implanted last November, that I have gotten some of my life back. I'm due to have another surgery to move the battery pack, but it is well worth it.
Your wife should join us here on the site. We know how she feels, and some of us have gone thru the same type of thing with the drs.

BCBS should pay for the scs. There are several requirements before they do. One is that you have the trial for a few days. It is a strange feeling to have it, but once you get used to it you never want to go back. The insurance companies almost always want a psych exam to show that you can handle having the scs implanted. It is really about the same as a pacemaker, but for a different problem.

The other thing you may want to look into is a teaching hospital. I go to Georgetown University Hospital in Washington D.C. It is quite a drive, but it is worth it. That is where I found drs to help with this monster, and they tend to up to date on the latest procedures. give it a try. I know from experience that trying to find a dr that treats rsd with meds is kinda hard. None of them seem to want to do it.

Hang in there. We're here for you

Hugs
Mary
Jomar (08-01-2008)