View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sandy, BFF, GBA,

This has not been a good year for me. It may go down as one of my worst years. I'm ready for a break from all the drama.

I still can't believe that the needle caused this kind of damage so fast and in both thighs!! The muscle and nerve pain is just awful. I have lived with back pain and sciatica for 17 years and this is just the worst.

Dr. Husain thinks the Gabapentin might help my sciatica along with the thigh pain so I'm hoping it will. She said it will take several weeks to kick in. I'm so ready and feeling so sorry for myself. It's just pitiful!

If I go on Copaxone, which is probably what I will do in October, I'm not even worried about those site reactions. Nothing compares to the Avonex shot mess I have going on.

Tell those doctors to quit using Jim as a guinea pig and get him on the right med. I hope his new Neuro is a good one. Copaxone is the one Dr. Husain is now recommending, she said it had none of the bad side effects like the other DMD's. She did mention Beta having side effects but I don't really remember what she said about that.

I had my note pad with all my questions written down but was so stunned, I didn't write down her answers!

Love Ya,
Your BFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyC View Post
Becky, Bff, Go, I am so sorry for your pain. You have been through so much and now this. I remember when you told me about your leg. That really sucks. Jim's needle for Beta is itty bitty and doesn't hurt him but he's having muscle stiffness with each shot. We are also considering Copax again. He stopped that years ago because of site reactions but they weren't severe like his records state. For some odd reason his neuro said that but really they were just red and bumpy. Remember I told you Jim was his guinea pig? Anyway, since we have a new neuro we're going to talk about it at the next appointment.

I hope this heals for you and your back with us soon!

IMAGINE
RRMS - 1992 -- SPMS - 1993
Not on DMD's

Becky21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (08-02-2008), who moi (08-02-2008)