Thread: Syringomyelia
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 07:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default cyst in spinal cord

Hi

I have just joined this forum and recently after 2 MRI scan's and months of severe pain down my right side, pins and needles, burning pain and severe one sided head aches i was told that i had a cyst in my spinal cord which may or may not be causing my symptoms. This has come as a bit of a shock to me as a i am in a full time job with two young very demanding children and at the same time i am the main breadwinner. I have had a lot of time off work because i simply can't tolerate the pain. I can't have any anti- inflammatories because i had an asthma attck from them last year, and my GP won't go beyong CO-Codamol because she inssits that i would not be able to function aftertaking them- i need to drive to work and drive for the school run apparently anything strnger than co-codamol would effect driving. Can anyone tell me if this condition is permenant and whether or not and is it classed as a disability? I have been referred to the pain clinic they have suggested injections into my neck- which does not sound to welcoming- but has anyone been through this and did it help them? Please could some one affer me some tips to deal with this condition!
choudsal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote