View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Oh, my goodness did I ever get a laugh out of that, Brain!!!

My oldest son moved back home a couple of months ago and it's been nice but there have been moments when I wanted to scream (but didn't).

He's 25 and was used to being out on his own for a few years so Mom asking questions was new to him (and me).

I think I made my point when I woke up at 4 AM a couple of weekends ago and he was not home. Of course, I thought the worst, and called him. No answer. So.....I called every 15 minutes and still got no answer. By 6 AM I was in a panic. All I could think of was he was hurt or worse and his driver's license address has not been changed to mine yet and nobody knew to call me, blah, blah, blah.........

Well, he finally called about 6:30 AM.......he had fallen asleep at his buddy's house and didn't hear the phone. Whatever....I've heard the ringtone on his phone and there is no way you cannot hear that thing unless you were dead.

I told him that I could not be subjected to that kind of stress with my MS (yes, I will use my MS anytime I think it will cause guilt or worse...). He apologized and said it wouldn't happen again.

Oh, and don't forget yard work......I make him split the chore with Kevin and when it's 95 degrees outside that is indeed a "chore".

BTW...I see in myself the very things that my parents did that irritated me so much (when I was much younger). I am so proud of myself!!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (08-02-2008), braingonebad (08-02-2008), CayoKay (08-03-2008), Gazelle (08-02-2008), SallyC (08-02-2008), SandyC (08-02-2008), sugarboo (08-02-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (08-02-2008)