View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 11:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree totally with Ada. I just returned a book to the library in which it states: on average only 5% of the entire population that has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia will ever experence RSD; however, 100% of those with RSD will develop fibromyalgia.

I was first told this last summer when I visited a neurosurgeon friend of mine who had just written a book on the mind, body, brain connection. He focused mostly on chronic pain and both medical and alternative ways to heal. Most of the info. I received from him can be picked up by reading quality websites on the Internet regarding fibromyalgia. I also learned a lot from 3-4 good books from the library. I can't think of the name of this last one I just returned, but it was good. From your desription you sound hit on most problems this author addressed regarding those "unfortunate patients" who suffer from RSD and then (or prior) fibromyalgia.

I hope this gives you a direction to investigate further with your doctors and in your research. Please remember to report all new or different symptoms to your doctors, it is so important to keep them informed.
Coffeebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote