Thread: Fox on Obermann
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 01:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
I've gone there many times toyL but in the end it's just not the issue…
...it's just not the point.
............paula
Yes, it’s very difficult to grasp the “issue” and get to the “point” when so much is being said by so many different people.
I try to just remember that all of these people (celebreties, doctors, politicians) are simply doing what they believe is best. It comes “easier” for some.
I try to remember the 46 million people in this country who have no health insurance????????
I also try to remember that government funding is not the end-all to everything that ails us.
& also this: Who really knows for sure what actually happens to all these "discarded" embryos? It seems to me that they would have a very marketable value. Granted, it may or may not be a black-market—meaning high risk management and high profits. Which raises other questions—Who really knows for sure about all the "legalities" involved for an in vitro firm who is intent on selling or donating their unused embyros?...& Wouldn't the in vitro "customers" pretty much have the final say regarding their own genetic material (embryos)?

These forums are for mutual support and the sharing information only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by qualified health care professionals. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read about here.

Last edited by toyL; 11-02-2006 at 03:12 PM.
toyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote