Old 08-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi Julie
I think the reason it is still quiet is many people dont yet understand this and how a lot of other illness is often related to it.

My husband and son with Tourette Syndrome react very badly to chemicals, whether the many chemical additives in food *and* medications, the environment in general, most products, chlorine in pools and household cleaners, pesticides, most toiletries, new paint, chemically treated woodwork, new carpeting, yard world etc etc. Chemicals everywhere

I get very affected mentally too by scented products and other chemicals. It's really the only time I ever get headaches, and they also affect me in respiratory and digestive system

My son experiences this too, in addition to the increased Tourette tics, and I have even see his OCD spike after some form of exposure

From what I am learning as I research it more, MCS is likely exploding because of all the exposure to chemicals that we are bombarded with daily in this modern world. IMHO our systems are flooded with chemicals from all sides and susceptible people seem to develop this hyper-sensitivity to certain chemicals.

I was doused with malathion by a pesticide spraying plane while walking on a beach at sunrise on tranquil Captiva Island in the mid 90s and was very ill for quite some time till the same Integrative team who were caring for my son were savvy enough to realize that my wide ranging symptoms dated back to that pesticide exposure.

I went thru a natural detoxification program (homeopathics, herbal, very careful diet and acupuncture, biofeedback and some other traditional medicine techniques, and saw a tremendous improvement in my health. I learned too then about the benefits of EPSOM salts baths on detoxication. (2 cups epsom salts(magnesium sulfate) in tub warm water
since my son went as chemical free as possible in his life we have seen added health benefits for him too, and lots of extra little things for all of us like less itchy skin, digestive icks, flareups of autoimmune stuff etc.

anyway....
I just wanted you to know you arent alone in your MCS
I think as it becomes more recognized and more research comes out, you will see how many people also realize it may be at root for some of their illnesses

hope you find ways to help stabilize yours.

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (08-02-2008)