Thread: Selfish spouse?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 01:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Allygator, Welcome to this wonderful group of RSD. Wonderful group of all backgrounds that ended up with this monster. I, too, live in Scottsdale. There is a support group that meets once a month at St Joseph Hospital, Next to Barrows Neuro. Hospital.I have had RSD for about 12 years. It is now genealized, or full body. I have a Pschiatrist, with degree in Neurology, and Pharmacology. I was in terrible shape until he put me on other meds that work on nerve pain......Lyrica, an anti seizure med is good for nerve pain and fibromyalgia, which sometimes goes along with rsd. Lorazapam is an anti-anxiety med. when my anxiety is down, so is my pain level. How is your wife's blood pressure? Mine was fine until RSD. Now it is high with drops to low. I'm on two different bp meds to keep it somewhwere in the middle. Since RSD affects the Limbic part of brain, thus depression, I'm on two different depressions meds. I take Vicodin and sleeping med. I don't think he is taking new patiets. He teaches every week on the west coast and Utah.
He has been wonderful. If you are interested in support group, let me know and I'll get back to you. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I'm thinking of applying for SSI as
I haven't been able to work in our business 3-4 years since I passed out one morning when I got up and pressure was 60/40 paramedic couldn't get pulse, I was out over an hour before I woke up and got my husbands attention. It was scary, 4 days in hospital. I've been thru a lot of physical therapy, which got most of my left arm in use, then a couple of years later my left hand didn't fair so well. It's stuck in like a claw position.
Swimming is the best think for the whole body.Keep moving, I hope you have a pool.
It's so important to keep the joints moving. I hope you find a Dr. The Support group is very helpful. They don't meet in the summer, but should soon start up again. loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote