View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 01:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh yes, I was very very sick when I finally diagnosed. I'd weathered 2 mini-crises at home, had Heimlich done twice because of choking, etc. I went to 3 neuros right off who couldn't/wouldn't diagnose me so I got stubborn and stopped trying to find someone who'd diagnose me. I finally found the good neuro/clinic and have been there ever since.

I had thymectomy, and then REALLY got sick...ended up on steroids, IVIG, finally CC and then after a couple of years "poof" the MG went away. I still took the meds but felt very very good.

In 2004, I began trying to address some of the hormonal issues that have plagued me. By the fall of that year, I started having symptoms reappear, finally going full blown by October (on my freakin' BIRTHDAY!!!!) and I've been pretty much bad ever since. I've not worked much since 2001 and there's no way you could call my life "normal" in any sense of the word. HOWEVER, I work around it. I go on vacations, do stuff, etc. In fact I'm leaving for Cancun in the morning, double vision and all. I finally decided I couldn't wait around to get well to do the stuff I want, as I have a daughter who needs to do normal things as well.

Hang in there, keep posting and do your research!

Missy
MissyGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote