View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 03:37 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

I am with Bearygood and Weakafter30kiz...

the software is created for folks that are "AFRAID" to mess with their own network products...

Case in point: everyone can do MSCONFIG on their puter but most don't know how and/or rather spent 30 bucks on a program that brings up MSCONFIG as an icon on the desktop cause it is easier to just click on that icon rather than go into command....

it all goes back to everything is out there for free, really...there are great FREE anit-virus softwares out there, but the folks that sell it will tout theirs are the best.

so, the other folks say, hey, most people are afraid, let's just create something for them so it is a simple icon on their desktop and charge them 30 bucks cause they've made it easier for the folks..

now, sure, we pay for convenience...just like we can all make our own burgers but we'd rather go to McDonald's....

I think it ends up being a personal choice if you know all your choices. If you'd just rather click on a button or go to Linksys website, sign in as admin, go in and secure your network blah blah blah...which would only take a few minutes (30 minutes or more if you are new to it?)

and they have free tech support the first 90 days or something....

I would personally say that this program is just something like a store hamburger...you can make your own which will take time, or you can just buy it at Wendy's...

BTW, did you know you have a BUILT in Fax machine on your puter?? But most people will go out and buy a fax machine or one of those 4-1's???

I am not sure what was in my tea today...so I need to go and drink some iced tea...LOLOLOL

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (08-02-2008)