View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 04:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
It is SO inexpensive to download from legitimate sites like iTunes, etc. There are a lot of other ones as well. There are also places like Rhapsody, where for a monthly subscription fee you can listen all you want and then purchase if you so decide.

I try to avoid getting into heated conversations about this (my work involves intellectual property) but I want to point out that this really is STEALING. Plain and simple. When you steal music or movies you are hurting the very people who created it and inhibiting them from making a living. It's not just about big companies -- to me, they're the very smallest part of it.

Of course, I can't stop anyone from doing this but just know that if you do, someone out there is being hurt.
Well, maybe now you see why I try to avoid these types of discussions. I just want to add that I think it's so very sad that it's come to this. It really was not a problem before the digital age -- again, because of the concept of distribution -- it's very easy now. Specifically re: music, there were always bootlegs and yes, I own a few! I looked at them mostly as a fan "extra" and often used them to turn a friend onto an artist I liked. That is why I used the word "intention" in my last post. I really wish it were that simple now but unfortunately, it's not. I think it's such a shame that all of this had to become a legal matter.

Let your conscience be your guide...
Bearygood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (08-02-2008), who moi (08-02-2008)