View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 04:12 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
I don't doubt it at all.

I'm not sure if it was technically "legal" but yes, we all did it. However, it didn't present the problem it does today. And -- it is a question of DISTRIBUTING it. It is illegal to distribute if you are not the legal owner or have permission
that's true. And I think I meant to use another word other than legal. "Bear" with me. My English isn't the greatest and I suck at conveying my thoughts. LOL

as far as distribution goes, it goes back to the owner. We've known folks that wanted us to give others their music in hopes that they will buy their future music or even the current one. But back then, we have more honor system than we do now...

Quote:
For the most part, people don't buy what they can get for free.
I think this depends on what it is...I think people WANT to own their own UNIQUE things. Just like I'd rather own my own clothes than a hand me down. But there is truth to what you say, it is the media that has been throwing at us. MP3 files, ipods, CD-R's, technology is so advanced that we are just wondering, why not?

But last I checked, Eagles last album sold very well still and I already saw advanced MP3's on many sites that have already served it as P2P yet it didn't deter the sales??

Quote:
The law is pretty clear but even I agree that to a certain extent there's a middle ground. In the most simplified terms, it's related to intention.
true...but law is also clear about drugs, but I've seen coke houses and drug houses that every cops drive by and know where it is....

you are right about intent...

Quote:
There's TONS of good music out there that you don't know about. It's out there but it's not easy to find because access to the public is limited.
Gosh, you'd think with the internet today that it WOULD be out there for moi to find them? LOLOL

Thanks, bearygood...you are always refreshing to read!

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote