View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 04:21 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

well, I have to disagree about "buying" into something...LOL I really try to look at the big picture...

When I was younger, I was involved in a few projects myself so I am not totally blind or unsympathetic to the companies...

record stores are hurting also because of what's availabe out there on the internet.

LEGIT sites offer MP3 downloads. IPODS sales are on the rise.

When one go and download music from a site onto their pods, I don't think record stores are going to be able to compete??

I BELIEVE the creators SHOULD be compensated...I've said that I WOULD buy music if it is good...

I want to make it clear that I am NOT condoning music downloading, but I will admit that I have downloaded a few myself. I don't anymore...

like you say, it is with intent...

I think I have my points about the record industry and such cause my youngest brother worked in such field...but as you've said, this perhaps is not the best place to go into it. But once again. I enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post

Well, both the record AND film industry IS hurting as compare to the profit they once made. But forget the big companies' bottom lines themselves -- people are losing jobs. On the music side artists, producers, songwriters and their representatives ARE hurting. Record stores are barely existent anymore. I could go on but honestly, your assessment of what happens behind the scenes is absolutely incorrect. The people you don't see and the creators you never hear of. By making the comment you did above, you're completely buying into why these sites tell you it's okay and it's a big bunch of baloney. If you don't believe creators should be compensated for their work, that's another story. But if you do, plesae understand that when the companies don't get paid, they don't either.

Re: YouTube, there is a huge crackdown. The large companies continue to go after YouTube and/or make deals with them. There are many sponsored sites up on YouTube now by music, television and film companies.

As for putting out crap, it is definitely related but it's a whole 'nother conversation...

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote