View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 05:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Melody, if I can do it so can you!!

And what we are saying is that the most important thing is to secure your network. That's the focus -- it is very hard for others to get in and even if you COULD see that someone is getting in, there would be no way to identify who it was. Just make your password a good one. And you don't have to remember it each time -- it will allow you access automatically from the computer you set up the router on. Same goes for a network -- we're getting a little advanced here but if you have more than one computer, you can allow all of them access to each other (if you want).

When you install your router you will be able to click on something to view "available networks". It will show you YOUR network and also your neighbors' networks that are in reach. BUT it will also state if a network is "secured" or "unsecured". The reason I mentioned to not name it something like "Melody's house" is that if you turn your router on and off (some people leave them on all the time -- I actually mostly do) you'll actually be alerting people to when you are and aren't home.

Basically, we're saying save the $30 on Network Magic.
Bearygood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (08-03-2008), who moi (08-03-2008)