View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 05:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I will definately be careful with the prednisone - I'm down to 40 mg a day, but really miss 60 - I feel the difference, however I also just started taking cellcept so maybe that will help in the near future. I know this sounds really ignorant, but what does panhypopituitary mean? It seems like you have had a really tough time - how long have you been sick? What were diagnosed with first? I'm sorry if I sound nosy, but all of this is so new to me and you really seem to know your stuff. It is so hard not being able to work - I really miss the day to day interaction with others. It gets so lonely here at my house and though my hubby tries to help out, he really doesn't know what I'm going through and I am sometimes resentful - sad but true.When you get a chance, please let me know what's going on and how you are doing. I really appreciate all of your help and knowledge! Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpled View Post
Just be careful with the prednisone - you just cannot quit - the adrenals will fight back and not in a nice way.
I also have a lot of hormonal issues. I am panhypopituitary so I take replacement hormones for practically everything so every day is a balancing act. It is not easy to have hormones out of whack and then have this as well - as I do not have adrenals - I will not take steroids (it would rob me of the ability to control myself in times of illness).

I am not able to work and it gets me down too. I am too weak. My shoulders have been frozen for years. But I try to do a few things here and there and try to help others as I can in cyberworld. Like you, I cannot get answers either. IVIG almost killed me. I have to try to find new doctors now. Starting over - bleah. Hang in there - you have the right to be blue - there is a lot going on. Reach out - there are many of us in boat.
erinhermes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote