View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
first post in this wonderful thread but I have a question about tomato blossom end rot.

My dad bought an acre and a half of woods behind out house and turned it into a garden MECCA haha.

he has 157 brandywine tomato plants, plum tomatos, pole beans, zucchini, squash, cucumbers, peppers, lettuce, brussel sprouts, corn and tons of more stuff.

Some tomatoes are starting to ripen and when dad picks them, they usually have a black, hole like indent that ruins the whole tomato. We figured out it was blossom end rot but we have no idea how to fix it. My dad is a strictly organic farmer (cow manure, egg shells the whole works) so were trying to find an organic solution to the problem rather then spray with gross stuff.

any ideas?
The problem lies with the fact that the ground is probably too wet. It's not an unsolvable problem.

Here's a good organic website with a solution to your problem. Not just for the tomatoes, but other veggies as well.

http://www.veggiegardeningtips.com/t...ossom-end-rot/

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (09-03-2008)